http://feeds.feedburner.com/BlackFireWhiteFireEzine

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The House

Everyone builds houses.  I remember when I was a kid one of the things used to shame Africa or at least to help me distance myself from Africa was the strange concept that the Massai built houses out of cow dung.



Needless to say I was quite surprised by it.  I put this information away in my puzzled box section of my brain.  I never quite bought the idea that I should hate Africa or Africans or black people because I loved myself and felt kinship to them and to Africa.  But since I couldn't defend them in my youth, I would just gather information and store it as part of a puzzle piece.

Well, you know what?  The West also make their homes out of dung -- bullsh*t to be exact.  With all the lies that feed everyone, everyone who swallows what they say without filters is building their houses out of bullsh*t -- and it ain't the non-stinky, mineral-rich kind.

 



Then it got me thinking about houses in general.  And of course in a Jewish context.  Avraham was said to be connected to the mountains.  Yitzhok was connected to the field.  But Yaakov was connect to building a house.  Now what kind of house could that be? 

We know he lied an aweful lot.  Had to -- you can't do good middot around Esav and survive without getting bullied everyday.  And then with Laban and his little "laban" lies, lol Yaakov had to be able to protect himself.  

But he was also a man of truth.  How does that work?


Well, I wonder if he figured out a way to make a house with double paneling?  If you look at it from one angle,  you see Esav, and lies, and whatever else that's needed to fight Esav.  but if you look at it from a different angle you see truth and life and all the mineral-rich things that the Torah gives?

Just musing...

No comments:

Post a Comment