There was once a wolf who set out to eat some sheep one night. As he snuck closer to the sheeps area, he paused and peek into the shepherd's house to maek sure it was safe to pass. Upon looking, he saw the shepherd eating a mouton leg! The wolf thought dryly, 'are we that different?'
This story is brought down to teach us that "shepherds" protect their sheep -- so that they can eat them. A leader referring to themselves as shepherd may not have your best intentions in mind.
When I was a child, I used to wonder why a certain one was referred to as a lamb. I thought, why a lamb? that must be the weakest animal on earth! But now I realize. This "lamb" was one with the people. He was "down" with the people. I would liken it to a pawn who reached the end of the chess board and who now became the strongest piece in the game, the queen.
Following this example, it's not enough that we awaken. The next step is to move around the chess board and right the many, many wrongs. With this new found understanding and conviction, we must figure out a new way. New food sources, new friend circles, the end goal must be sovereignty.

No comments:
Post a Comment